Sat. and Sun, April 26 and 27, Mount Diablo State Park.
The Sierra Club Bay Chapter will be among over 40 organizations with booths at the 150th-anniversary commemoration of the California State Parks and the 40th anniversary of the Mount Diablo Interpretive Association.
Enjoy hikes, demonstrations, and all things Mount Diablo:
- hike with a nature photographer and learn secrets to capturing the stunning landscape;
- learn about the Mitchell Creek Restoration Project and see the work in progress;
- tour the Native Plant Garden and see what’s in bloom;
- meet a park ranger and learn what it’s like to work in the park;
- see distant galaxies from telescopes near the Summit;
- check out a volunteer trail crew rebuilding a fire-scorched trail, and join them!
Events are happening all over the park. For a list of times and locations, see MDIA.org closer to the date.
To volunteer to help staff the Sierra Club booth, contact Jess Dervin-Ackerman at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510)848-0800, ext. 304.