About us: The Sierra Club San Francisco Bay Chapter is the Bay Area’s premier environmental grassroots and political organization with a one hundred year history of leadership in establishing environmental standards.
Major accomplishments include:
- leading the nation in building clean renewable energy solutions.
- passing landmark legislation preserving critical habitat and open space.
- establishing a legacy of world-class parks and public lands.
- electing local, state and federal environmental leaders.
We are seeking a full time professional dedicated to grassroots organizing, the democratic process, and protecting our environment. The environmental community organizer implements conservation campaigns in areas such as land-use management, air/water quality, transportation planning, wetlands, and urban planning, and works on elections.
- 1 – 2 years professional experience in organizing volunteer grassroots efforts, canvass management, or equivalent volunteer recruitment;
- demonstrated commitment to environmental issues and the democratic process;
- strong team-building, communication, and public-speaking skills;
- flexible schedule; ability to work evenings and weekends a must.
Knowledge and skills:
- BA/BS degree in environmental studies, political science, or a closely related field;
- 1 – 2 years experience in the environmental field that includes research, organizing campaigns, press relations, and public speaking;
- excellent written and oral-communication skills;
- proficient computer skills with strict attention to details;
- demonstrated ability and effectiveness working with volunteers;
- ability to speak Spanish or Chinese a plus!
Salary: commensurate with experience. This is a temporary position through November 2012 with the possibility of continued full time employment after project completion.
Applications: e-mail cover letter and resume with “ORGANIZER” in the subject line to email@example.com.
The Sierra Club is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.