The Marin Group is in the process of filling a vacancy on its 11-member Executive Committee: the governing body for the Sierra Club at the most local level. If you wish to be considered, please contact Marin Group Chair Max Perrey at email@example.com.
The Marin Group Executive Committee meets on the second Tuesday of each month. It oversees essential functions of the Marin Group, which consists of approximately 4,700 Club members who live in Marin County. All Club members who live in Marin County are automatically members of the Marin Group — a regional group of the San Francisco Bay Chapter — and are eligible to serve on the Executive Committee.
Major Marin Group activities include:
- Investigation of issues of importance to Marin’s environment.
- Preservation of wild and open spaces, habitat, and wildlife in Marin County.
- Public advocacy including lobbying city, county, and other officials on issues that affect Marin’s environment, including: development proposals, water supply, transportation, agriculture, parks, recreation, trails, wildlife protection, toxics, and environmental justice.
- Interviewing candidates for elected office, researching ballot measures, and providing voting guides for our members.
- Presenting informative and hands-on programs about local issues, habitat, and governmental process issues.