June firewood cutting for the 2016-17 winter season at three huts had to be canceled because of late melting snow, though we did get seven people to Peter Grubb Hut last weekend for cleaning.
We have rescheduled the wood cutting to early in July, fire conditions permitting. There will be work parties on July 9-10 simultaneously at three huts: Benson, Ludlow, and Peter Grubb. See the schedule below for leader contact information.
If you can join one of the crews, your help will be greatly appreciated. You are especially welcome if you can bring a chain saw or have experience using one. There will be other chores such as painting, minor repairs, and clean up; so don’t hold back if sawing logs isn’t your favorite pastime. General information on work parties (what happens and when, what to bring, etc.) can be found here.
It is not to early to sign up for autumn work parties; note in the schedule below that two of the later work parties have already reached ‘wait list’ status.
Volunteers who participate in 2016 work parties receive priority when reservations for the 2016-17 season are handed out.
Firewood-cutting weekend, July 9-10:
- Ludlow Hut: Contact Jason McLachlan, email@example.com
- Peter Grubb Hut: Contact Dick Simpson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Benson Hut: Contact Jim Gannon, email@example.com
Autumn work parties:
- Bradley Hut, August 27-28: Contact Hal Tompkins, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Benson Hut, September 10-11: Contact Jim Gannon, email@example.com
- Peter Grubb Hut, Sepbemter 24-25: Contact Bobbie Morrison, firstname.lastname@example.org (wait list)
- Peter Grubb Hut, October 1-2: Contact Bill Erlach, email@example.com (wait list)
- Ludlow Hut, October 8-9: Contact Jason McLachlan, firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 22-23 weekend TBD
I look forwards to seeing you at one of the huts this summer or fall. Thanks for your help and continued interest.
–Dick Simpson, hut volunteer coordinator