Holiday open-house volunteers
The Bay Chapter’s holiday open house is 5 – 8 pm on Fri., Dec. 13, at the Chapter Office, 2530 San Pablo Ave. in Berkeley. Help is needed:
- invitation phoners: Mon., Dec. 2, at the Chapter Office in Berkeley, and Thu., Dec. 5, at Club Headquarters in San Francisco; 6 – 8 pm–help call members to invite them to the holiday party;
- bakers: make finger food desserts (e.g. cookies, brownies, cupcakes) to be served at the open house; bring to the office the afternoon of Dec 13;
- set-up crew: 3:15 – 4:45 to arrange tables, chairs, decorations;
- food hosts: 4:45 – 6 or 6 – 8—arrange food on platters, set out food and beverages on tables, replenish plates, and clean up refreshments;
- food coordinator: help obtain food for the event, and oversee the serving of the food;
- decoration coordinator: plan, gather, and create simple decorations for the party; supervise the decorating from 3:15 – 4:45.
To volunteer, please contact open-house coordinator Joanne Drabek at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510)318-4614.
Secretary for Northern Alameda County Group
The Group meets the fourth Monday of each month from 7 until around 9:30 pm at the Chapter Office in Berkeley to help take positions on local and regional issues. The secretary records the minutes to help us stay organized and is always encouraged to contribute input on the positions we take. You need to be able to type and send the minutes via e-mail. A laptop can be provided for you. This is a challenging yet very rewarding opportunity. To volunteer, contact Group chair Olga Bolotina at (510)910-4733 or email@example.com
Green Friday team
The Green Friday team needs volunteers. Green Fridays are educational evenings sponsored by the Northern Alameda Group on the second Friday of the month, at the Chapter office in Berkeley (see article, page E). Volunteers are needed to serve as:
- greeters, 6:55 – 7:30–welcome guests, ask them to sign in, answer general questions;
- snack host/hostess: purchase light snacks (expenses reimbursed), bring them to the event by 6:45, and set up the snack table;
- set-up and/or clean-up help: come at 6:30 to set up chairs and table, and then stay 30 minutes after presentation to put things away.
To help, please contact Joanne Drabek, (510)318-4614 or firstname.lastname@example.org.